Financing Options in Mexico for Foreigners
Remax Trust agents are committed to assisting you in all areas of a safe investment in Mexican property and secure transition to your new home. As such, we do our best to only offer properties which are eligible for both financing and title insurance for your security.
Financing in Baja has traditionally been done outside of Mexico, generally by refinancing another USA property for a cash purchase in Mexico, as the rates have been much more attractive, and often still can be. Financing is an option you may want to consider, it may be a good idea to know what you will need for a deposit and what kind of financing you can obtain before you start looking for a property. There are several options: Equity Loan – An existing foreign home equity loan is probably still the most popular method of financing your Mexican homes both interest rates and the time to arrange to finance are favorable. U.S. Mortgage – This is now possible and how much financing you can obtain depends on the development as well as your credit history. Since many developers will require as much as 50% deposit, lenders may allow you to take money back after the development. Rates as low as 7.99% are available but be sure to check the additional costs which may be involved in closing the loan.
Banking Institution Loan or through an Independent Morgage Company- Banks in Mexico loan foreigners up to 65% of the house price. To apply for a pre-qualification you will need to have your Temporal fm
FINANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR FOREIGNERS. (MAXIMUM LOAN PERCENTAGE 65%)
– Copy of US passport.
– Copy of birth certificate.
– Copy of Marriage certificate (if married).
– Copy of proof of residence. (Preferably in México).
IF YOU WORK FOR A COMPANY:
– COPY Letter of employment (letterhead, must include name, position, salary, and seniority)
– Copies of pay stubs for the last 3 months.
– Copies of statements where the pay stubs are done (for the last 3 months).
– Copy of American credit where your fico score and your monthly minimum payments appear. www.freecreditreport.com
– Copy W2 2019 AND 2020
– Copy of income tax 2019 AND 2020
IF YOU HAVE YOUR OWN BUSINESS.
– Copy of bank statements for the last 6 months.
– Income tax 2019 and 2020
– – Copy of American credit where your fico score and your monthly minimum payments appear. www.freecreditreport.com
To get started with this simple application process and please contact us with any questions you may have. We look forward to working with you, and can privide you with a choice of mortgage brokers who understand financing on both sides of the border.